I believe everyone has a soul mate.

Lyndsi - Vancouver, Washington
Themes: love

Have you ever fallen in love with someone? For most people over the age of 16 or so, the response to this question would follow with a yes answer. I, myself, have even fallen in love for the first time. I had met this boy, who in the beginning I had no interest in, and he totally stole my heart. I never really believed you could love someone during high school, that boys were immature and annoying. But after dating Sean, that changed my perspective. However, that does not make him my soul mate. I have thought alot about my future, and who I will be spending the rest of my life with. But I cannot honestly know at my age. I do believe that there is someone out there that was made for me, and that everyone has a designated soul mate.

Growing up with my whole family less than ten miles away, gave me the opportunity to have relationships with each person. My grandparents, for example, have always been pretty close to my family. My Papa and Nana have been married for more than fourty-five years, and their love is still so amazingly strong. Every time I visit them, they are always cheerful and positive. Their relationship with each other is very strong, as well as their relationship with God. They have taught me alot about God and have been two of the most influential people in my life. Their marriage is obviously one that was meant to be, and I believe they will be soul mates for the rest of their lives.

Since I now have had a boyfriend for over a year, I have experienced a relationship where I have fallen in love. It was completey unexpected. Here was this boy who came out of nowhere and asked me out. Like I said, I had no interest in him and had turned him down in the beginning. But once I decided to give him a try, I ended up falling in love with him. It was the first time I had fallen in love with a boy, and I was completely scared. Now, I am used to it and I love having the comfort of a boyfriend who loves me back. But in the back of my mind I am constantly questioning myself about who my sould mate is. Is it my first love from high school? Or does God have a different plan for me? My parents have not been a huge support system when it comes to boyfriends, but they do understand that I love my boyfriend and he loves me. Don’t force it they have told me, when I have questioned aloud my thoughts about the future.

I have learned that there is a chance that my heart may be broken at the end of my current relationship, and as of now, I pray that my relationship with my boyfriend will not end. But if it does, it will not be the end of the world. God has had a plan for me, and maybe my boyfriend is not my soul mate. If I force something such as this relationship, later on I might be suffering from a divorce or a marriage without love. I need to let God direct me and see where my life takes me. Becuase I believe there is a soul mate out there for me. And I believe there is one out there for you too!