Return to nature

Andrew - Beaverton, Oregon
Themes: hope, nature

I believe that to truly have a peaceful mind a person has to stay in touch with nature. I know that when ever I am stressed out all I need to do is take a walk through the park, listen to the birds sing and the sound of nature, the wind blowing through the trees

It’s all just so beautiful.

I love nature it just relaxes me. I feel whole while I am in the woods. I love to just walk through the woods till I find a spot to sit down. I was hiking one day and the most amazing thing happened. I decided to stop for a short break, and I took a quick nap, but the amazing thing was when I woke up, there were deer feeding all around me, like I was just another part of the woods. And that day I finally felt like I belonged somewhere, not an outcast or the stupid redneck kid next door.

I never understood why people don’t like nature. I have always felt at peace while in the woods. Camping, hiking, fishing, and hunting; people ridicule these things but if they actually tried them I grantee they would like at least one of them. I love to travel to secluded areas because I get this sense of adventure I feel like Indiana Jones sometimes.

If I had the chance I would get rid of all the major cites and replace them with forests and rivers. I feel the world would be a better place if we let nature retake control of the earth. I think the best thing about nature is all the kinds of foods that can be found around the woods from wild apple trees to fresh trout running through streams of cold snow melt water, underground springs that boil over in to old hollow logs naturally filtered buy the earth. Nature provides all that we need to survive and I have realized that and I think clearly now peaceful carefree and just plane happy.