I believe in the strong bond between brothers

Connor - Indian Head Park, Illinois

Ever since I was born, my brothers and I have been very close. Growing up we would constantly be in the yard together, either up to no good or playing sports. We always enjoyed each others company, but most of all I truly cherish the memories we had over the years. My brothers are always going to be my best friends.

My oldest brother Steve is twenty-four years old. He was one of my biggest role models growing up. He always offered me rides and took me anywhere I wanted to go. He is very intelligent and would always give me advice on everything in life. Whenever I have trouble with homework, Steve always assists me. Steve would do anything to protect me, even if it meant lying to my parents.

Evan, who is 18, is only four years old than me. He has been my best friend since I was born. When we were younger, Evan and I did everything together. If you knew where Evan was, you would know where I was. We would laugh, play, and even cry together.

This past summer, both Evan and Steve moved out. Evan started his freshman year at the University of Iowa. Steve moved into an apartment in downtown Chicago. I thought it would be ‘cool’ being an only child and having the whole house to my self, but I was wrong. I miss joking around with them when I get home from school and talking to them whenever I have any sort of problem. Now, when I miss my brothers, I call them. It is so nice to hear their stories. I can always count on them to cheer me up.

I believe there is a strong bond between brothers. That bond is very important. My brothers are not just my siblings. They are my best friends. Over the 15 years of my life, Evan and Steve have comforted me when I have been sad. They have also played sports and video games with me. We share countless memories with eachother. Evan and Steve would go to any length to protect me, their little brother.