Family

Hannah - Reno, Nevada

I believe in the strength of families. When I was a about fourteen years old my parents decided we were going to move from the east coast to the west coast. I was not at all excited about this of course; I had grown up most of my life on the east coast and had hoped to spend the rest of it there. The move strengthened our family. I didn’t know anyone and so I spent more time than I ever had with my family. We did everything together and I realized that they were so much fun. I realized my mom and dad weren’t just two old people and it was okay to talk to them about things because they do understand. Now I am best friends with my siblings and that means the world to me. I realized that my family will always be around but my friends will come and go as I live my life. To have the chance of becoming close with my family and having us strengthen I know will bless my life immensely, I now have permit friends that I can turn to for anything. They will never go anywhere, they will always be my family. They give me encouragement when I’m struggling, they inspire me always, and they listen. When I would have a dance performance or soccer game I could always count on them to support me in it. When I ran for a office at my school, they helped me to think of ideas and slogans. I can always count on them to lift me up. That is why I believe in the strength of families.