Importance of family in times of need

Richard - oklahoma city, Oklahoma

I believe in the importance of family bonds in times of need.

I had just gotten out of a relationship that I thought would last forever, and in losing her I seemed to lose everyone I thought I could turn in my times of need. In times of greater need I soon found, is when we find out who we can really call upon as our “friends” and I was left virtually alone, so I turned to my family. Unlike friends my family’s isn’t as judgmental of what happen as many of my friends were. I was open with my parents, my little brother and sister about how I felt, and that I knew it was a rough patch and that I needed some help to get through it. Thinking back I know my brother and sister had very little if any idea of how I felt but still some how knew that all I needed was for them to be there just to listen and know that I loved them. A Roman poet once said that “Love conquers all” it seemed that “love” got me in this dilemma but a greater love helped me out of it. My family pushed me to go out even if they knew how much I just wanted to crawl in bed and lay there they knew that it wouldn’t help but only hurt me more to lay there and morn my ex. Now life is grand but not perfect I still see her face and wonder what could have been but more importantly I see the faces of my family who has stuck through thick and thin with me just to make sure that I will be ok and have a better tomorrow. Some people can lose it all and go to there friends and they will be ok but we are all different and we don’t all have as close friends to go to but we can always rely on our family to help be there when times are rough and we need someone to “pick up the pieces”.