Every Person is Equal in God’s Eyes

Laurel - Rexburg, Idaho

Every Person is Equal in God’s Eyes

I believe that everyone can be forgiven, and everyone deserves a second chance. Life can be tricky with the trials that befall us, and the actions that people take around us. One wrong act by us or others around us, can change our whole life if we don’t react a certain way. This past year I had an experience that has changed my whole life. My family means more to me than almost anything in this life. This past year my sister’s husband got caught up in horrible acts and ways that caused my sister to leave him. He devastated my sister and her children, my family, and even our friends. My brother in law has made unreasonable decisions and put my family through misery these last six months. He has made horrible mistakes and is still to this day hurting my family. It has been a roller coaster talking, crying and fighting with my family on how to handle this situation and deciding what is the right thing to do. My brother in law wants his family, and he wants to try to make things better and wants things to work. After he has torn up his family and mine it is hard to make the decision to let this man into our life after his betrayal when we loved and trusted him before. Then I think, he is the father of three wonderful children, and he wants nothing more than to be there for them and try to make things like they use to be. But I always thought for the longest time “Why should we allow him back into our lives? Look what he has done. He does not deserve a second chance.” Even though this is a much bigger deal to my sister than it is to me, it has still taken a toll on my life with the burden I had of not being able to forgive him. I feel such hatred towards him, but wouldn’t God give him another chance? We are all children of God and we are equal to him and he loves each of us. He has taught me to forgive one another and support each others to make them the best people they can be. But the question was still running through my mind on whether or not to forgive. But the answer is clear and straight in front of us all. We must forgive everyone. No matter how big or small the situation is, everyone deserves this. Sometimes it may be a challenge to forgive people, to give them another chance, but if you get past that, you as a person will become better in many ways. Everyone in life makes mistakes and I feel I would be making one if I did not forgive my brother in law. I hope that people have forgiven me for the many mistakes I have made in my life. I have been given a second chance under many circumstances, and I am so thankful for it. Although it took time, and was very hard, I have made the choice to forgive my brother in law. It has made me a better person by forgiving him. Doesn’t everyone deserve a second chance? Shouldn’t I forgive all of God’s children? If we don’t forgive someone close to us we will have in it the back or our heads forever, always nagging at us because we know what we should do, what is truly the right thing. Every person is equal in God’s eyes, and if he can forgive… so can I.