Life can Change in a day

giana - Indian Head Park, Illinois

I believe that life is way to short to waste, have fun and enjoy. Life can change in a day and did for me. I was enjoying my relaxing days off of summer, with friends and the sunshine but one random day that all changed. I just got home from playing with friends one day in the summer and my cousin was babysitting me and my little sister. All of sudden I began to feel sick and my stomach hurt. My cousin and I thought that I just got food poisoning or had the flu but little did we know that it was much more serious then that. I had a stomach ache for 3days and then when it did not go away, My mom decided that I needed to see a doctor. I went to my doctor and was prescribed medicine for the flu. I went home and started the medicine hoping it would go away in the next few days. When it did not go away, I went to the emergency room and was sent home again and was told that the medicine needed a few more days to start working. A few days went by and my stomach ache still did not go away so we visited the emergency room again and was sent home. After 2 weeks of seeing doctors and going to the emergency room and nothing to show for it, I went to one of my old doctor. Finally, that doctor sent me to the hospital with an order for an MRI. After the MRI was taken, the doctors instantly saw what was wrong with me. My appendix had burst and the acid and bacteria was sitting on all my organs. After the doctors saw this, I was emitted to the hospital and scheduled for emergency surgery. No one saw this coming at all. I had none of the symptoms of appendicitis. Within the next few hours I was in surgery, my mom and I had no time to comprehend what was going. After the surgery they told me that I was ok and the acids luckily didn’t do any damage to my organs. The doctors also made the discovery that I had been walking around with this problem for two months and if they wouldn’t have found it when they did I would have been dead sometime that week. Fortunately everything turned out well and I recovered wonderfully.

One random day my life was put at risk and changed with no warning And now I have a scar on my stomach reminding me everyday to enjoy the moments that I have because they can be taking away.