Jessica - Evansville, Indiana
Themes: birth, purpose

I believe in the power that we each have to overcome devastating odds and personal struggles in order to fulfill our life’s purpose.

I am 29 years old. I am a wife, a daughter, a sister, a social worker, a friend, and most recently, I am a mother.

As it is for far too many people, becoming a parent involved a lengthy journey filled with heartache and moments of despair. I’ve been married to a wonderful man for over 7 years, and I honestly don’t know how people survive some of the things we’ve survived without the support of a loving partner or spouse.

After 3 pregnancies, we were left with zero children. With each positive pregnancy test, there was an unbelievable amount of hope and an unbelievable amount of fear. Though there was no medical reason why our attempts were unsuccessful, after 3 failures one begins to wonder whether or not it’s in the cards for us to be parents at all.

With the support of our families, friends, and our physician, we continued to try, willing to risk the heart-breaking losses in order to have a chance at parenthood. And it…happened. Just the way it’s supposed to, after years of disappointment. Our little Rowan is a joy to our lives, and has erased all of the pain and sadness that at times was all-consuming. Things happen the way things are supposed to, and love conquers all. This I believe.