Level Headed

Anthony - Willow Springs, Illinois

After a long day, you decide to wind down by chatting with some friends online. You share your funny stories of the day; how you were late for math class, but how your teacher didn’t notice when you snuck in a minute after the bell. All is going well after a long day until your eyes stray over to the clock and you’re struck with a feeling that can only be described as a truck carrying a load of cinder blocks. It’s 1 AM, and you’ve forgotten about an essay, a test, and 2 worksheets! What do you do? What do you do!? You relax.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned throughout my life is that something anyone can do that will help keep them sane is to keep an easy, level head. There have been so many occasions where I’ve sen other’s, or even myself panic over something miniscule to the point where the problem gets blown way out of proportion. It’s taken some learning the hard way, but I’ve come to the conclusion that any situation can be handled if you don’t let it intimidate you.

The situation described is one I’ve had happen to me before on multiple occasions. Instead of starting to panic and worry about how I’d get the work done, I just say down and did the work. I went to sleep at about 3 AM, and I was tired the next day, but it was done. Instead of worrying about what could haveh appened, I simply dealt with it. I did what I had to do and I was just a little drowsy the next dat.

Learning to disregard my fears has helped me i nother situations too, like when I was a little kid. I was terrified of roller coasters. The thought og being hurdled around on a small cart at 100 miles per hour horrified me. Still, I got in the line, I waited 2 long hours in the heat for the Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America. When I stepped up to what I thought was my early grave, I was scared still at the small lap bar that would hold me from falling 200 feet. At this point, I could have said “No.”, I could have walked through to the other side. But I decided to keep going. . . 2 minutes adn 30 seconds later, I was back in teh station, laughing after just having the time of my life; my reward for staying calm. So keep your head on. This I believe.