Money Can’t Buy Happiness

Dakota - 42602, Kentucky

I believe that money can’t buy us happiness in life. I totally disagree with that in so many ways. I define happiness as being happy with yourself, whether you are working at a local restaurant or delivering babies. As long as you are happy with it then you have been successful. I’ve always heard people say it’s so hard to be successful without a college education.

Over a life time you’ll always have people telling you what they would do if they were you. I’ve talked to people who worked all there life at a good salary job and still never them smile. While some people that work at ordinary jobs are just as happy if not more.

I have come to believe this because of what happened about three years ago, when my grandfather passed away. I didn’t get to spend much time with him but I was always at my grandmothers. I can remember the mornings where I would wake up and he would be leaving for work and before bedtime he would return home. He continued working in the fields and on farms until he was around seventy years old when he was diagnosed with lung cancer. The cancer was hard on him and more than he could handle, so his heart finally gave in.

Every since this event in my life I have looked at life in a complete new way. I have realized that when you work all your life to have a few nice things and save the rest of it for hard times, usually someone else gets to enjoy it. So live your life to the fullest and don’t worry about having everything because a man that worries about everything never enjoys anything.