Jason - Monticello, Kentucky

I believe that you should do what you love to do. I believe this because if you are doing what you love to do then you are probably doing what you do best I also believe that if you get a job doing what you love best then you are more likely to like your job and be happy.

If you had a job doing what you loved to do you would be happy doing it and do a good job and do a good job at it and keep your job. You also need to listen because if you don’t listen then you’re not going to know what’s going on. Not only do you need to listen to people around you at school or work. If you do what I love to do which is hunting than you need to really listen to the things around you such as a deer sneaking slowly down a trial behind your stand while you are looking a different way or a turkey clucking softly when coming in to you while you are calling it in or a squirrel scratching its claws against a trees bark as it goes up or down a tree or when a squirrel is spooked and is squawking at something such as a deer or something.

This has changed my life because it gives me something to do sure there is other things to do but it keeps me out of trouble and I like to hunt. It has changed my life because if I were in a plane crash or something then I would know how to survive by hunting for food and I would know how to get around in the woods. That is how it has changed my life.

I love to do this because if you are hunting a certain buck and every other day it is going down a trial 80 yards from your stand then if you don’t move your stand closer or put another stand on that trial and hunt there than you probably wont get a shot at that buck. I have hunted for along time now and I have had deer to do the same thing and I have sat in the same stand thinking that the deer will come by my stand and most of the time they will not because when you hunt a stand to many times you leave sent and the deer wont come back until your scent has died away and the deer fill safe to come back which could be along time. It could be 4 or 5 days or it could be a week depending on how much scent you have left in the area.. That is why I love to hunt I like to hunt other animals other than deer such as turkeys, squirrels, rabbits, and coyote hunting. I like to hunt them also but I like to bow hunt for deer mostly because it is most challenging. That is why I love to hunt and that is what I believe and I don’t think that anyone can change that.

Jason Phillips