People are in our Lives for a Reason

Marissa - Monticello, Kentucky

I believe that nobody is in our lives just because.

People are put into our lives to make us better, to challenge us, sometimes to tear our worlds apart, and sometimes help us put them back together. They are there to listen, and to teach. Some are there to remind us of who we really are and some to challenge who we think we are. I believe everyone is in our life for a purpose.

People may come and people may go but the memories are there forever. Someone may be put into your life when you least expect it and shake things up. People may bring things into our lives that to try and test our character. You might lose someone special to you so life could bring you someone else to help pick up the pieces. People are put into your life to change you and make you the person you’re supposed to be.

I have a biological family but I also have another that I claim as my own. My “brother” is my best friend he’s the type of person that’s so loveable and would help you with anything you needed. He listens to me whine when things aren’t going my way and gives me perspective into my problems. I know that if I needed him he would be there for me. I recently lost someone who I was very close to and my brother was the first person to pop into my head to call. He sat with me that night and made me laugh and forget about it all for a little while. My brother recently moved away and I miss him like crazy, he’ s still that guy that will listen to me and help me when things get hard.

About a year ago I lost what I thought was the most important person in my life. We were together for what felt like an eternity but in reality it was only the blink of an eye. Losing him was the best thing that could have happened to me. It took time but I eventually learned how to be me again, and I became a stronger person because of it. That taught me how to overcome anger, and hurt.

I believe people are put into our lives to teach us how to love, to be patient, and how to deal with things that are thrown our way. I know that certain people in my own life have been put there to teach me patience, and understanding. People are put into our lives to break our hearts and try to tear us down. I’ve had a few of those people in my life, but I thank God for them. Hard as it was to see going through it all, they were blessings. Sent to teach me how to cope, and to deal with what life throws at me. Had it not been for those people I wouldn’t be who I am today. This I believe.