This I Believe….

Kaiti - monticello, Kentucky

This iBelieve…..

Happiness, what does that mean to you? Does it mean having the most expensive things, the nicest car, and the best clothes, or does it mean having things that mean a lot to you, like your family, friends, and the people you care about, that bring you your happiness. Naturally we don’t see our happiness from those things.

As a teenager, a senior in high school I could easily say my happiness would come from my friends, my cell phone and the weekends! I rarely ever look at happiness as something I create. As I grow, I continue to learn my happiness is what I make it; in order for me to be happy I must surround myself with the people that bring me happiness, not the things that make me happy.

Normally I would say my cell phone is pretty much what made my world revolve. That was until it got stolen, and I spent days without it that I finally realized that a cell phone is not exactly my happiness. Even though I was totally stuck on thinking “my world was going to end” I realized I actually could live without it! These are the things many of us see as making us happy. But as I look at It I can honestly say things in life that make me happy are the people who care about me, and no material on earth can take that place.

Rarely would you think of a less fortunate person as being happy. This is an example of how happiness is found without the prize materials. All though these people may not have what you have, or dress as good as you dress, but in all reality they’re just like you! Anyone can be happy if you allow yourself to be.

As we get older, these things come easier. Like when you have kids of your own you’ll realize buying the most expensive things, aren’t really what’s cool!