Kindness Is Addicting

Jatessia - Monticello, Kentucky

Ever had a bad day? Nothing is going the way it’s supposed to, and you’re angry and upset. I have had many of these days. On one of these days, I was working and I was not very happy about it.

I was busy hanging tags on the shelf when I felt a small peck on my shoulder. When I turned around I found myself looking at a frail elderly women looking up at me with deep gray eyes full of warmth and love. She asked me where the broccoli spears where at, and informed me she couldn’t find them any where. This was normal since I work at Kroger, so I get asked all kinds of questions. I led her to the broccoli spears and she was ever so grateful. “Oh thank you!” She cried as she immediately wrapped her tiny arms around my waist in a big bear hug. This changed my day all around. This little ladies kindness made me think, why spend time being in a bad mood when you could be in a good mood. I wanted to spread the kindness and cheerfulness this lady showed me to every customer I saw that day.

I want to be a nurse when I get older, and I do my clinicals at the local nursing home. During one of my clinicals I became aggravated at the task given to me, picking up room trays. When I walked in the resident’s room getting ready to pick up his tray, I was greeted with a big grin and a greeting of “Hello Sweet heart!” from the little man lying in bed. Even though he doesn’t have the most interesting life; he is always happy. He is enjoying the life he still has and that makes him cheerful as ever. He made my mood change instantly. By just his cheerfulness and kindness he showed me he made me want to spread the kindness. Everybody should take this into consideration, and always stay positive. He has made the best of his life; being happy and kind.

Now, I believe you should always look on the positive side of things instead of the negative. Showing kindness helps you to stay positive. If your kind to someone they are going to be kind in return. It’s like the movie Pay It Forward, if you show someone kindness they show someone else kindness. You never know until you try it. Kindness is addicting. It could change a person’s day, maybe even their life. These people have shown their kindness to me; in return, I will show kindness in return to many other people in hopes of influencing their life.