Trey - Chesnee, South Carolina
Themes: sports

Throughout my childhood, my parents instilled morals and life lessons in me, in hopes that good judgment will always prevail. Of all the life lessons that I have learned the most applicable in my everyday life, is heart. Having heart is maintaining an attitude of perseverance, determination, and endurance. The results of this are achieving seemingly impossible goals, remaining dedicated through difficult trials, and handling obstacles with an optimistic attitude.

Until this past baseball season I had never endured such exhausting trials that tested every little bit of my character. We were in the midst of the season, and all of the players had been pushed to the limit. Our bodies were drained physically and emotionally, but the dream of winning the 4A State Baseball Championship still remained anew in our minds.

As we progressed to the playoffs, it was a constant battle of perseverance. While many times we had our backs against the wall, it would have been easy to become discouraged and give up, however we relied on heart to keep our heads up high and endure.

As it took heart to make it through the playoffs, it was perseverance, determination, and endurance that allowed us to make it to the end. In today’s world heart has become the most overlooked part of any sport, but it is necessary in order to be successful. Without heart we would have never made it past the first round let alone been crowned state champions.