Abortion is another form of Murder

Shayla - Simpsonville, South Carolina

I believe that abortion is immoral and should be illegal. Every child should be allowed to live no matter the circumstances of there conception. There are no ends to the possibilities of a child if they are able to live out there life. It is hard to believe that some of the same people that believe that the death penalty is immoral also believe that abortion is righteous. Just think, at eight weeks old a fetus has all the necessary organs to live. An abortion at this point in life would be just like killing a newborn baby. Everyone would be shocked, ashamed, and angry if someone was considering killing a newborn but a fetus would be okay? No this is just as immoral.

Never in a million years did I think I would be three months pregnant in my first semester of my freshman year in college. Thousands of questions begin to rush to my head such as “Will I be able to finish college?” and plenty of others but one thing that did not come to me was abortion. It was out of the question because I did not believe in it. The Bible tells me that “a baby is a blessing” (King James Version) and I know that when my child arrives it will be more of a blessing than I would have ever thought. Although it was rocky getting everyone used to the idea because I am 18 and my child’s father is 20, everyone seems to have come around. I do not expect this new journey in my life to be easy but, I will make it, not only for me but for my unborn child.

Now think back to all the aborted babies, their mother’s choice to abort them was a quick and selfish decision. There are so many other options other than taking an innocent infant’s life. Adoption is the most abundantly known choice other than keeping the baby or abortion. Abortion is a slap in the face to these people who want to have kids but are unable to. It is like saying to them “Yes I am able to have a child but I do not want it and rather than me give it to someone who wants it I will just kill it”. This alternative is cruel and does not allow justice to prevail for all human beings. Like it or not life begins after conception and to take a life at any point after that is unethical.

I am pretty sure that many other people that you see everyday had an unplanned birth. Take me for example, my parents were married but separated at the time I was conceived. My older brother and sister were ten and eleven.. I can bet my mother thought “Why would anyone in their right mind have a child this late after the first two?” My mother’s choice to give me an opportunity to live was the best one she could have made. She gave me a chance to live and strive to become the person I am today. I stand today to say that abortion is not the answer.

The innocent lives that were taken for a number of selfish reasons could have been our future. Only God knows what lie ahead in the futures of those young lives. They could have been future doctors and teachers, future musicians and professional athletes but no one will ever know. If the action was available then, what if Mary would have decided to kill Jesus because she was afraid of what people would think? Many people would miss out on the salvation that comes from accepting Christ into their lives.

When I was younger I never understood why all those people were standing on the side of the rode next to the abortion clinic ranting and raving. I later understand that they were choosing life and were trying to encourage many others to make the right decision. As I got older I understood that I wanted to be apart of what those people stood for because my mother chose life for me. I am determined to do the same for my unborn child. I want him or her to have the same chances and opportunities that I have to become what ever they want to be in life. Every child should have a chance and even if you have to give them up for adoption take pride in knowing that you are apart of there life.

The Lord will watch over me because I am doing right by this child. The Ten Commandments say “thou shall not kill” not “thou shall not kill anybody except the unborn”. I believe this commandment alone makes abortion immoral and illegal.