Love Conquers All

Ashley - Monticello, Kentucky
Themes: love

Love Conquers All

I believe love conquers all. Most everyone falls in love once in their life, and goes through hard times with their significant other, and doesn’t think they are going to make it at times. I believe through even the roughest times love conquers all.

When I was thirteen years old, my parents told me they were separating and were going to get a divorce. That was really hard for me to understand, my parents had been together for fourteen years. They had been high school sweethearts, and were very much in love. I never thought this would happen. I had heard of people at school talking about their parents or people they knew getting divorces, but I didn’t think I would be going through that.

This really made me question love, if my own parents couldn’t stay in love and keep their marriage together, how was I supposed to find love and make it work. You see in the movies people falling in love and living happily ever after together, and you think that’s how it’s going to happen to you. I prayed everyday they would get back together, but it didn’t seem like it was ever going to happen.

One day though things changed; my parents had been talking through things and had worked things out. They had decided to get back together. This was the best news ever to me.

It showed me no matter how hard and tough things got between two people, love would conquer all in the end.

Ashley Upchurch