Forgiveness

Caroline - Western Springs, Illinois
Themes: forgiveness

Forgiveness

The word sorry can have a lot of impact on our lives, but what you choose to-do with that word is more important. You can brush it off and forget about it and then move on which is easier. Or you can do the harder thing and forgive.

When you are younger your parents teach you right from wrong please and thankyou’s and sorry. But kids sometimes don’t put these things to use or realize the importance of theses basic skills. When I was in the third grade our class did a project on Indian tribes. So before we were about to present a girl in my class ran into my desk and knocked my project onto the ground and it shattered everywhere. The girl felt terrible she stated crying and she kept saying sorry over and over again. I walked over to her and gave her a huge hug and told her it was ok. This was the first time in my life that I rember, where I meant that it was ok and sincerely forgave someone. I knew it was an accident and I knew how horrible she felt. I knew just by forgiving her things wouldn’t be perfect because now I had no project. But things were better because the girl stopped crying all from that simple hug.

Forgiving someone is not necessarily something you always can learn from your parents. You learn them through experiences. Learning to forgive can change you and the outcomes of your life. I believe in forgiveness.