Sleeping In

Sean - Countryside, Illinois
Themes: pleasure

I believe in sleeping late.

When I was younger I would always sleep past twelve o’clock every time I got the chance to. Waking up early was dreadful and was like a punishment to me. I was always crabby when I woke up early. I was not fun to be around if for some reason I had to wake up early. I would always be the one that would have my brother’s jump on my bed and yell at me to get up for Christmas or Easter. I also would always be the last one up for school. One time my parents almost forgot me because I slept late.

Now as I get older I have been starting to wake up earlier and I don’t like it. When I wake up I sometimes try to pretend that I’m not actually awake and then I try to go back to sleep. I will just lay in my bed for hours trying to fall back asleep. The more I try to sleep late the earlier I wake up. Now that I‘m in high school I’m in a lot of sports and for these sports I have to wake up extra early on the weekends. The weekends were the only time I could sleep in, now I am limited to only Sunday.

I think waking up late is very good thing because then the day seems shorter and then my dreams are longer, and I like when I dream. I like waking up in the middle of the day and then just jump in and get going right away. Nothing happens in the morning except that it is cold and the birds are chirping.

My body is now on a timer and it is set to wake me up nice and early. No matter how hard I try to reset it I can’t figure it out. Sometimes I will sleep past ten, but that is only if I stay up past twelve because I was out late. When I do sleep in I feel accomplished. I feel well rested and ready to go. When I don’t sleep in I feel tired all day and don’t feel like doing anything. Then I can’t stay up as late either.

Even though I have not been able to sleep in as much as I would like I still occasionally have those days when I sleep in. I believe that sleeping in late builds a good and healthy person.