Heather - Chesterfield, Missouri

Love is a belief that I cherish dearly. The virtue of love can be shown in many ways. Every day I am exposed to love within a relationship. All relationships are great, not only do you make someone else feel good about themselves they make you feel good in return. This is especially relevant between a boyfriend and girlfriend.

My freshman year in high school, I met Zach. I was introduced to Zach in my Spanish II class. Zach was the cute, shy boy who sat behind me. Zach and I were paired up to work with each other on a project. This was my perfect opportunity to get to really know Zach. We laughed and joked with each other and found we had lots in common. This was the start of a beautiful friendship, and possibly something more.

Zach and I started hanging out outside of Spanish class. I found him asking me if I wanted rides to and from school. It made me so excited, of course I said yes! Before I knew it Zach and I were hanging out all the time. We would grab dinner together, go shopping together, and even do homework together. I enjoyed doing homework with him, because he was a whole year older then me, so he knew everything! I was hoping he would ask me out on a real date, but he did not. Our friendship kept growing, but I was wondering when we were going to be an official item.

Soon after, Zach asked me to the Home Coming dance at our school. I was so happy! That is the beauty of love, it makes you feel wanted and good inside. It builds up your confidence making you feel like you can do just about anything. Not only I felt this way, Zach felt the same way too. Soon after the dance Zach and I were steadily dating. We found ourselves becoming more and more like each other. We would laugh at the same things, and know what each other were thinking. We would depend on each other to get through the days. If he had a bad day, then I was there for him and vice versa. It always feels good to have someone by your side to discuss your problems and thoughts without being judges, instead just loved. When you date someone not only is that person your boyfriend or girlfriend, but he or she becomes your best friend.

A year later, Zach and I were still together. Zach called me one Sunday afternoon and told me we had to talk. So we went to lunch at one of out favorite restaurants, and talked. He told me that he was going to be moving due to his dad getting transferred to Singapore, Asia. My heart sank, his did too. He was not exactly sure how to tell me, so we never really got used to it. However with time, we have adapted to it. It is a long distance relationship. This event really shows that you do need love to feel good about yourself. On a daily basis I find myself missing him, and missing us. We do stay in touch and talk frequently. I just cannot wait until the day he comes back for good. Not just to visit then leave me again.

Now I know how love truly feels and I am so glad I have had the experience. My experience with Zach had taught me so much about myself, and how to love. This is why love is such a strong belied to me.