Love Is All Around

Katherine - Western Springs, Illinois
Themes: love

This I Believe: Love

Clichéd as it sounds, I do believe in love. Why else would we be here? I mean, two people fell in love and the rest is history. If there was simply no love in this world, then we would be cruel hearted people showing no compassion towards one another. I am not just talking about men and women falling in love and spending the rest of their lives together. No, I’m also talking about love within a family and love within friends, in addition to romantic love.

Love between families is one of the strongest bonds that I have ever experienced. Happy times such, as birthday gatherings, is a reason for loved ones to come together and share the joy and love everyone has for one another. Recently at my family birthday party, I looked at all of the people sitting there and thought to myself, All of these people are here because they love me and care about celebrating my place here on the Earth. At funerals, even though the overall feeling is sadness, can be one of the most love filled places ever. Just think: all of the people in the general vicinity would be there to celebrate a life that touched each one of the people in a different and unique way, such as being in a family or being a coworker. So yes, at the saddest of times, love is still there.

Love between friends is also a great relationship that can touch your life forever. Friendship can take you through experiences, both good and bad, that can test your strength of the relationship. When those specific experiences are all said and done, you realize that most of the time these occurrences helped to strengthen your friendship. I would not trade my closest friends for anything in the world. I love them all so much and they all love me for who I am.

Love between two significant others is most likely the hardest love to find. Just think, out of the over six billion people in the world, you are supposed to find a significant person to love. Well I do not know about all of you, but in my opinion, six billion people is way to many to go through to find a special person! Love is not given to you, but you should not go out seeking it either. People fall in love for reasons. Some of those reasons I have yet to learn but I do know this: you discover things that you dislike about the person, but you grow to accept and love them even more as time progresses.

Love: it’s a difficult concept that everyone does experience, whether it be through family, friends, significant others, or all of them. Where would we be without it?