Insecure Women

K`Loni - Ashton, Idaho

I believe in the natural insecurity of women. If you’ve never noticed before, women are really mean and underhanded. I can only think of one reason why women would knowingly hurt one another, even friends, and that reason is insecurity. It’s a man’s world and none of us like that. We women feel that we constantly have to prove our worth because women have had to earn our rights and respect since the Fall of Adam.

Being a teenage girl especially doesn’t help. High School is the worst experience for a girl to go through. You lose your friends to popularity or an interest in a certain boy. In girl world, people “talk bad” on you all the time just to make themselves feel more important or to have some attention during the time they are speaking.

Girls are put on a double standard too much, and all because of men. For some reason, we care greatly about what others, especially boys, think of us. We are always told how to be and not to be. It’s a lot of pressure. “Don’t be too happy, or too sad, don’t be too smart, or too dumb. Don’t be too confident or too shy, don’t be too fat or too skinny, and don’t be too rich or too poor. Be yourself, but try to fit in.” How are we all supposed to accomplish something like that? We have so many criterions that we have to fit into but it’s impossible. Is it any wonder why we are insecure or have PMS for that matter?

I have this friend, and she claims she doesn’t care what others think. Secretly she thrives on it, and brags about how loved she is. You honestly cannot tell her anything she doesn’t want to hear, because she is always right and won’t listen to anything contradictory. One time, we got in an argument about her boyfriend, whom I don’t really care much for because she deserves someone better. She thinks the sun rises and sets on his behind. Anyway, she was complaining about him ditching her again so I tried to point out to her all the wrong ways he treats her. Then she called me a hypocrite because my last relationship ended in a bad way! I personally think that she chooses not to see those flaws because this is her first real relationship, and has been with him so long she doesn’t know how to be single anymore and it’s scary.

Because we are insecure, we go out of our way to prove that we have nothing to be insecure about. I know it’s complicated but that’s how it works. When we make it to the top, we plot against those under us to make us feel like we are worth something. Admittedly I have taken part in this way of life. I regret that though, I just wish this wasn’t in our nature. You cannot deny that this is how women are.