Cortnee - Goldsboro, North Carolina

February 29,2000 was the day that I try to learn how to skate. Unexpected changes can happen within a short period of time. I can compare this point of time with a clock. Despite what you can do to a clock reset it, push the time forward, or push the time back. The clock still progress forward.

As I was a little child! I use to get whatever I want. For example, everyday after daycare my uncle Willie and I would to the store on the way home. At this time in my life I was only about four or five so my little speaking was kind of bad. So we would walk into the store I would run straight to the cooler and asked for chocolate milk. As a child you remember a lot of colors and how things appear to you. Also I would run and find the biggest bag of chee-tos that I could find. Everyone in my family knew that I don’t eat cheetos and drink chocolate milk. So this was a like an everyday agenda. Since I’m the only child I kind of get whatever I want.

When I was almost eight years old I asked my parents could I have a skating party. The biggest problem in the situation was that I didn’t know how to skate. Also learning how to skate within a two weeks time. At this very moment I can compare my life to a clock. NO matter where I go my life progresses like a big clock, I keep going forward.

My mother was away on a business trip so my father taught me how to skate. Everyday after school he would take me to the skating ring to practice. The first couple of days of practice it was like bopping for apples with your mouth. There was no hope for myself. On the first day I think I might fallen almost thirty times. Throughout the falls I bruised many of my bones. Still like a clock I kept going on with progress.

At the end of the last day of practice, the day before my party, I knew how to skate. I knew that I do it with just a little push. I just had so preserver and stick my problem out. So the next day at my birthday party from my memory I had fell only five to six times. The only reason way I fell was because I wasn’t paying any attention. At the end of my party my mother showed up with a big four-wheeler that was red. My parents were so proud of me because I actually suck with skating and learned how to skate within a two weeks time.

My skating experience was the first time I became dedicated to doing something at a young age. Dedication is very important in any situation that you are in. I was still like a clock, I kept progressing forward until the end. Dedication and always progressing is very important. Progressing like a clock and decication is the most important truth in life.