A Happy Ever After

Lishell - Bay City, Texas

I believe that everyone has a happy ever after. Everyone has a happy ever after. Some people believe that they can’t find what they’re looking for, but I think they aren’t looking hard enough.

I found my happy ever after two years ago, riding home from a high school football game. I had been watching him for a while, wondering if it would work. He was four years older than me, and probably didn’t give a bit about me. Well as I was to find out, he cared slightly more than average.

The band bus back was slightly quiet. I sat close to him nervous as a cat near water. I was terrified he would laugh at me and say it would never work. Still, as I watched, he turned on his MP3 player, and I thought up an excuse. I’d left my CD player at home and didn’t want to go through over an hour ride home with out any music. So, I scooted up next to him and told him what happened with my CD player; and he agreed!

As it was past ten o’clock and I was tired, I started to drift to sleep. I was hoping that I wouldn’t fall asleep on him, because that would be embarrassing. Well what I wanted didn’t happen.

I remember fighting to keep my head off his shoulder, and losing. What happened next is hard to remember because I did fall asleep. When I woke up, we were back in town, and his head was on mine. And, he was holding my hand!

Well, when we got back to the band hall, he told me that he thought I was beautiful and he would like to go out with me.

I’m not going to expect everyone to have a story like mine, but I know everyone has a fairytale prince or princess. Sometimes you have to look for that person. And when you do find him, you might have to take the initiative. Some people have to be pushed before they realize that they like you. Everyone has a happy ever after; this is what I believe.