A Family

Jaylon - Van Vleck, Texas

A dad, a mom, and a couple of children, on paper it seems so simple. I believe in family, something so simple, that children playing house understand. In reality a family is something that few children will have in their life.

Coming from a large family that consists of six people it is inevitable that family is something that I strong believe. You could also say that having a big family is very important to me, I now realize this the most because, at the moment all of my siblings are either in college or have finished and are pursuing a successful career. I am extremely happy for them all, but this leaves me at home alone with the folks, oh what a joy! But, because were often apart I wait for events like the holidays, and birthdays which are the times that make the most memories.

While some people in life may live this way, others don’t. There are kids my age who may not even know their father, because he walked out on the family when they were too young to remember. Sometimes children are taken away from their parents because they have an unstable lifestyle. Things like this don’t just happen in movies, they’re real life events.

In the time that we live in, having a family in its entirety, isn’t something people walk across everyday. Something so simple to children can no longer be found as often as it use to be, and that is why I thank God everyday for blessing me with a nurturing family.