WE CAN’T STAY 5 FOREVER

Victoria - Bay City,, Texas

WE CAN’T STAY 5 FOREVER

I believe Dad’s yearn for their daughter(s) to stay 5 years old forever. As young girls mature into women, Dad’s mature into STRICT beasts. Ever since my first boyfriend, he has been on my case about everything. I understand being a parent is just another way of being nosy, but it’s weird being asked awkward questions. A couple of years ago before I left for my first date my Dad gave a life survey to the guy! He asked him how old he is, what his parents do, how many girlfriends has he had before, and even…if he’s gay! No matter how hard I try to not get embarrassed, it always seems to happen.

When the breakups occur, that’s when Dad’s just let the whole truth out just to make us feel better. They converse with you how much of a lame-o he is and how we can do so much better. And isn’t it funny, girls, how our Dad’s seem to blame everything on the guys? Not only because of the break-ups, but also your grades at school, why you may be disrespectful at times, and why you’re always staying up so late. They act like our boyfriends control our life. That isn’t the case in my situation; if it is in yours then you have a problem…listen to your Dad. Also, Dad’s never seems to like what we wear. It’s a big difference from long dresses, matching shoes and socks, and having our hair fixed nice and pretty. Is it I, or do they not know what the modern attire is now? One time my Dad said, “Go back inside and brush you hair!” I said, “I don’t ever brush my hair, it looks fine not brushed.” He mumbled a couple of things to himself and walked off. To make him happy I ended up just putting it up.

The most horrid situation that they have to put up with is the ‘time of the month’. They seem to not understand much about that, but they do know to stay away for those 5 to 6 days. Now you must understand ladies, they are completely confused why you act the way you do, so give them some slack; we apologize Daddy’s. In conclusion, nowadays is too stressful and too much for our Dad’s to handle some of our crises. Back when we were 5 there were no boys, no ‘immodest’ looks, and definitely no ‘time of the month’ situations which is why they miss that so much. Although I miss those good times…I can’t stay 5 forever.