Be happy, Live freely, Laugh often

Chelsea - Bay City, Texas

Be Happy, Live Freely, Laugh Often

I believe in being happy, living freely, and laughing often, three things taken for granted in life but so essential to enjoying it. I am seventeen years old and haven’t quite developed a direction in my life but I have developed an understanding of what life has to offer and what I can offer myself. People go through daily routines forgetting that life is not something to take for granted but rather a gift to cherish. We are reminded through disasters such as 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina that life does not go on forever and everyday is not promised. I believe that to make everyday worthwhile you should live not by these words but through these words: Be Happy, Live freely, and Laugh Often.

Being happy, not only physically being happy with the people around you and the circumstances you are in but also being happy with yourself, your body, and your life. Being happy implies being in unison with all the aspects of your life including your friends, your family, and your loved ones. I believe that being happy through example will influence others to do the same. I know as well as the next person that life isn’t always easy and there are going to be hard times that will bring you down and cause you misery. But as long as you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and by being happy you must believe that you can make it through it.

Living freely, to me, means to take life as it comes at you, always prepared for the unexpected yet always ready for challenges as well as opportunities. Living freely does not imply that you should live with no boundaries but rather to live with an open mind, with an open heart, and with an open outlook. Living freely means to enjoy the small things in life that are so easily overlooked. I believe that living freely will take you farther in life than any fortune or any person can.

Laughing often is a phrase so easily thrown around but just the same easily pushed back in our priories. Laughing often means to not only be comfortable with others but to also be comfortable laughing at oneself. I believe you should start everyday of your life with a smile, a friendly gesture, or engaging laugh. I believe that listening for the laughter of yourself and others will lead you to the things you love, the places you cherish, and the people you admire.

I believe that if everyone looked at life in this way, disasters such as 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina would not be a reminder of how we should start living our life but rather they would be the few days of our life where it will be harder to live these words. I believe in the good of all people, the life to come, but most of all, I believe in myself in my ability to make my life the best that it can be.