alisha - bay city, tx, 77414, Texas

I believe without God nothing is possible. “All things are possible through Christ who strengthens you…” Philippians 4:13. I believe that this scripture is true. I don’t think you should ever give up on what you believe in just because you are not good enough. When Christ realize how dedicated and willing you have became in your situation. He will strengthen you in your weak areas, and bring out the very best in you.

However, when you are reaching for success you first have to believe in yourself. Believing in yourself teaches you to never give up and it helps you realize if you want to be the best, you must give your best effort. My daddy used to always tell me that life is about making choices. You have to choose if you want to be the best or just do what is needed to slip by. Having a supportive family coaching you along the way and picking you up when you fall also help you through the painful times. For instance, I remember last year during track season I wanted to do well at the district meeting in the 800 meter run. However, I dreaded every moment of practice. I always tried to negotiate with my coach to shorten my workout. I figure sprints at the end of each races was not necessary. So I manage to get by with not doing them. When the District meeting camed & I did not make it to regional in the 800m because I was not able to sprint the last 50 dash, that is when I realize practice does matter. I also realize trying to take the easy way out doesn’t help you in the long run. I was disappointed then, but my family uplifted me and told me that I still had two years to excel in track. My mother told me life is only what you make of it, so make these two last high school year the best. I believe with my positive attitude and with God on my side the best is yet to come.

So this year my goal is simple, do my best it sound easy on paper, but putting it into action will be harder than you think.