I Believe In Equality

Lesli - Van Vleck, Texas
Themes: equality

I believe in equality.

I will not, cannot not, shall not judge anyone based on their race, sexuality, or religious affiliations . Those that choose to judge people in such a fashion I will not associate with.

I will not follow a religion that would have me look down my nose at other minorities. In the immortal words of The Smiths “Everyone’s got to live their life, and God knows I’ve got to live mine.” I will try to tolerate such religions but the people who follow it and judge according to it will receive no respect from me whatsoever.

I will not respect anyone simply because they are older than me, unless they are wise or have done something great with their lives. If they haven’t met my conditions, they are no better than me for I am the same as them. However, if it is in the case that an elder who doesn’t possess these qualities looks down on me I will tell them “I still have a chance to change the world, yours has already passed you by.”

I will not respect anyone who cannot take a joke. Rest assured, I never tell one to simply be cruel. If you want me to, I can treat you the way you see fit, however this is not the same as treating you as an equal. To ask me such a request is basically telling me that you are insecure with your personal traits and because of that I should treat you as someone with emotional disabilities. Either choose to be treated as an equal or a stranger.

I will not stray from my beliefs. Whether I find myself in a dispute with my friends or lover, I will not lie to myself to make anyone feel better. These are the truths I learned from everyone who has ever made a mistake in their lives, and because I have studied ways to prevent such problems, they will lead my to a glorious and happy life.