Everything Happens for a Reason

Monica - 30621, Georgia
Themes: purpose

Everything Happens for a Reason

My parents wanted me here in this world for some reason, and here I am. The things I do and the things that happen to me all take place for a reason. Although I don’t always know why, somewhere there lies a good explanation.

I was raised in a wonderful family who cared (and still does) about me so much. I was very fortunate for living in a healthy, well-off family; unlike those who aren’t so blessed. I always ask myself why me? Why did I get blessed with this amazing family? I may not ever know the answer to these few questions that go through my head, but I am thankful every day that for whatever reason that I am a part of this family.

I grew up in Conyers, Georgia and met magnificent people. I did gymnastics and dance at Rockdale Gymnastics for twelve years, and the people there became a big part of my life. The coaches inspired me never to give up, and one coach that was my favorite was Coach Joe. He cared a lot about me and helped boost my confidence when I needed it the most. My best friend, Ashley, also did gymnastics with me. I have known her ever since she was born, and we have been the best of friends since. I am very grateful that those two people entered into my life.

During my years of doing gymnastics, an accident happened. I was nine years old when I fell off the uneven bars and broke three bones in my elbow. I was more upset that I could not do gymnastics than anything. I didn’t know why it had to happen to me because after I broke my elbow, the uneven bars were a great fear. Then, I realized that maybe breaking my elbow was a good thing, that maybe gymnastics is just not my sport. Of course, I did not know that my passion was not into gymnastics then, but I learned over time that another sport is really what I like to do.

In sixth grade, I moved to Oconee County. Although I was very upset to leave my hometown and the people there, I eventually learned that moving to Oconee was a wise decision. The people here at Oconee were so nice and friendly. My first best friend was Allie Richards. I remember on the first day of school, she was one of the first people to introduce herself to me. Allie did cheerleading and persuaded me to try it out. I really enjoyed cheerleading and have been doing it ever since. I’m not sure what sport I would be doing right now if I Allie had not come into my life.

Although throughout the years Allie and I have grown apart, I have met other remarkable people such as Ashton Lewis and Caroline Guest. Ashton now goes to North Oconee, but we have been best friends since seventh grade. We have been through a lot together and probably would not have gotten through those times without each other. Caroline and I have also been best friends since seventh grade. We help each other out all the time and probably more now than ever. We have gone through many of the same situations, so we know how to give each other useful advice. I do not know what I would do with out Caroline and Ashton; they mean so much to me.

Without all these events that have occurred and people that have touched my life, I do not know where I would be and who I would be right now.

Everything happens for a reason.