Faith

Megan - Coeur d` Alene, Idaho
Themes: hope, love

Midway through high school, I had been thinking about how I have always wanted to have a boyfriend. One who will actually like me for me and not for what I am not. As my 16 year old self, I was bound and determined to get a boyfriend. Not just any boyfriend, but one that I would meet online.

I started looking online here and there, on Facebook and MySpace. I have always been the naïve type of person, who believes in everything she sees or hears. I found that these online guys were not just strangers; they were strangers for whom I had come to believe and trust. I have always been told not to talk to strangers…but quite honestly, I have more in common with guys I have met online than those I have known for years.

That all changed when I saw the resemblance between one particular 22 year old from Spokane, Washington and I. I had seen him on Krem 2 News one night because he was helping to fight a fire near me, I thought he was attractive and decided to MySpace him. I later found out that he had just graduated from the University of Washington in Seattle and is now attending Gonzaga University to become a lawyer.

After a few emails and an exchange of each other’s cell numbers, we became very good friends. Although after two months of speaking, we still have not yet met. I received a phone call from him just the other day, which brought me to tears. It led me to frustration after he told me that he needed to get back with his “ex.” I had many thoughts and questions running through my head at this time, but the only thing that stuck was “What’s going on?”

Taylor is the only guy I’ve met online that I give full trust in. I knew something terrible was wrong when he said the last thing that came to my mind… He explained to me how he had received a phone call from her a week ago she must have said something was serious and that he needed to come see her because he would never just drop me for something stupid.

After explaining to me that she was pregnant and that it was his kid, I freaked. I began asking all these questions like, “What does this mean for you?” And the list goes on. I knew that he needed to do what was best for him and her and his future son/daughter.

The last thing he told me was that we needed some space and with that he hung-up on me. Taylor represents the larger part of the world of those for whom I would like to meet and be in relationships with.

But through all of this, I believe in the power of hope and faith and that I will one day be in a relationship with either Taylor or another guy I have met online.