Porschia - Gaffney, South Carolina
Themes: carpe diem

Growing up, there were many life lessons that were taught. It seems everyday my mother was telling me what was right and wrong, or what I should and should not do. It was my responsibility to make sure I practiced these everyday lessons throughout my life. Some of these rules became to guide to how I live my everyday life.

I believe in being care free and free spirited. I believe that everyone has an opinion, and their opinion is important. I also feel that people should have a high self esteem. All these things are important to me because that was the way I raised to be, and I feel as though everyone should have a positive attitude about life and all of that life has to offer. There are many times where it’s okay to be care free and free spirited. I remember when I went out with my friends on my birthday and we went downtown where they were having this weekend bash, where they had food, drinks, music, and all sorts of fun things to do. We had so much fun and met a lot of nice people. It was a very care free, laidback environment. I feel that no matter where you go, you should not feel as if you are under a great deal of pressure because you feel you have to impress someone. Just be you and everything will turn out right.

Life is filled with lots of people and lots of opinions to make. No one has the right to discourage another person’s thoughts or feelings. Whose place is it to tell a person if their feelings are right or wrong? Like this years 2008 election. People everywhere have an opinion about who should be in office. And everyone’s opinion is important and will not go unnoticed. The outcome may not be what someone wanted it to be but at least they that their vote still counted. They will know that they attempted and they should not give up. In the future elections they should continue to vote and maybe their candidate will win. They should not let this one incident hold them back.

Having a high self esteem sets a good positive attitude about you and how to cope with the basic challenges of life and of happiness. One day my best friend came to me and said, “I need to talk to you.” I had been noticing that she had been a little depressed, so I ask her what was the problem and she told me that she did not like the way she looked. I told her that she was having a low self esteem issue about herself because she was a very pretty girl. We talked and I got her to realize that putting herself down would only make things worse. It was important that she encouraged herself daily to help her regain her self confidence. She realized I was right and over the next few weeks I had seen a change in her. She was smiling more and wanted to hang out more.

Someone that I admire because he was such a carefree person is Jesus Christ. When God put Jesus on this earth, he gave him one main purpose and goal. That was to save the souls of everyone that he came in contact with. Jesus did not care what others thought of him. He knew he had a mission to complete. He put all of the negative energy behind him and moved forward. He was determined to finish his quest and he did. He did not let the stumbling blocks get in his way and slow him down.

On the more negative side of carefree was Adolf Hitler. He did whatever he felt and he felt great doing it. He had his mind set on destroying the entire Jewish population and he succeeded. He did not let anyone stand in his way and he was determined to defeat anyone that tried. His freedom soon came to an end when he was defeated. The Jews decided to make a stand no matter the consequences or the outcome.

I live a very unique life. I always do thing spur of the moment without thinking. I feel this is what makes life exciting. If I really want to do something I do it no matter what the consequences may be. Because I am carefree, I think my life is the greatest life anyone could have. My motto is “you only live once so make the best of it.”