Chasing my dreams

Morgan - Mechanicsville, Virginia

“Chasing my dreams”

In the words of Walt Disney, “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” Many things in life are hard. Life is not meant to be easy it is meant to be worth it. Nothing has ever been handed to me. I have worked for everything I have ever really wanted. Have you ever wanted something so bad you would do anything to achieve it? Well I have. That is why I believe in chasing my dreams.

Ever Since I can remember I have had one dream I have wanted to fulfill. What dream is that you might ask? It is becoming a nurse. When I was little I was mesmerized by this lady that always made the doctor a little less scary. To me, becoming a nurse takes a very special person. A nurse should have compassion, dedication, and determination. My dream is to pursue a career path that allows me to strive for an even impact on my community through nursing. As a nurse, I will not only be able to help people heal physically but also provide the gift of compassion.

I believe in chasing my dreams. Let me tell you a story. It was a Saturday afternoon in Mid April and I had just arrived home from the mall. My mom sprinted out the door like a crazy person with an envelope in her hand. She said, “You did it.” I said, “I did what?” In her hands was my acceptance letter to James Madison University. I was one step closer to my dream.

I believe in chasing my dreams. Here I stand today making my dream happen. No, communications is not my dream, but it is one step closer to achieving my dream. To make a dream reality you take this path you set for yourself. Do not get me wrong there have been plenty of times when I have felt like giving up. There has been many bad days, but so many good days along this journey. With over three hundred nursing majors in just the freshmen class I am completely intimidated. But as you can see that is not stopping me. When you want something bad enough no matter how hard it gets your push through it.

I believe in chasing my dreams. So think about it, do you have a dream? It does not matter how big or how small. Whether it is as small as getting an A on the test in your next period or becoming a doctor it is still your dream. Your dream is obtainable. As Brian Littrell once said, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” So Remember chase your dream and give it all you got because I know I do.