My little brother

Timothy - Lexington, North Carolina

My youngest brother is probably one of the influential people in my life. He was born on March 16, 2006 and he has impacted my life greatly ever since.

My mom gave birth to my first brother when I was three, in August of 1996. I don’t really remember what I thought about him at the time, but I’m going to guess that I wasn’t that interested in him, after all I was three and he was just a baby that had appeared all of a sudden and taken part of my mom’s attention away from me. As we got older though, we grew very close and always kept each other company. This bond, though not nearly as strong as it was, still exists after the twelve years that have passed.

My little sister was born on July 6, 1999. I can remember my reaction to her as a baby a little. I was excited about have another sibling, but was a little disappointed when we found out she was going to be a girl. The scene that I hold in my mind of her when she was a baby was when I held her for the first time. She was really interesting to me, and I know this sounds mean, but she got kind of old after awhile. My sister and I were never as close as I was with my brother. I think it was because there was twice as much age between us. It wasn’t really because she was a girl. She had some barbies, but mostly she and my brother played together so she ended up doing whatever it was that we had.

I still love my older two siblings, but they are more annoying now than fun and it seems that they enjoy nothing better than trying to get on my nerves. This is reason why I look at my youngest brother differently, but the most important factor, I believe, is my age.

I wasn’t sure if i really wanted to have another little brother when my mom told us that she was pregnant, but when he was born in 2006 I instantly fell in love. I didn’t look at him as just another little sibling, who would annoy me and try to argue with me, he was just so little and sweet. I know this sounds crazy, but I looked at him more my child than my little brother. I’m not saying I was going insane and actually believed he was my child or anything, I just lookde at him and treated him differently than my other brother and sister. I think that this came about becasue I was so much older than he was and I was alot more mature than when my sister had been born. Watching him grow up I realized how it must feel for a parent to see thier child grow up so fast. It seemed like he was changing so fast that everyday, one little thing he had done the day before was gobne, replaced by something more grown up, and never to be seen again. This saddened me greatly, and I still feel sad thinking about how fast he is growing up.

My youngest brother his been the most influential person in my life. He has showed me a different kind of love for someone and has shown me how fast life goes by. He has shaped the person that I am today adn the person that I hope to become in the future.