Love Conquers All

Ian - Harrisonburg, Virginia
Themes: love

A famous quote from the movie The Notebook is evident in the following: “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” While the members of the audience are probably thinking wow, a guy is quoting The Notebook of all movies, I believe that this quote is very true.

You see I lived the first 17 years of my life with no real concept of what true love was, or like most skeptics, if it even existed at all. It was until the second semester of my Senior year when I finally found this entity called true love. As a novice of this thing called love I thought it was about holding hands, kissing, and just saying that you were “dating” a person. However, I quickly learned I was wrong. It was about staring into her eyes and completely losing myself. It was about breathing in her flowery scent and feeling exhilarated. It was about feeling this sense that I was encountering on a regular basis seemed like mere stepping stones, because at the end of the day I had that one thing that most have to wait a lifetime for. All other feelings in my life paled in comparison to something that seemed so unconditional, free, and most of all real. And while sadly, my love and I are no longer currently together, I know that sometime in the near future our love will eventual live on. That is why I believe love conquers all.

Love conquers all because no matter what your going through your love, whether it be your family, your girlfriend, or your boyfriend, will always be there for you regardless of what you have done or what you are going through. Your love will always know what to say to brighten your despondent and dejected nature, and turn it into one that has hope and promise. Love is nurturing, caring, and unfaltering. One of the most profound bible verses is 1st Corinthians Chapter 13 Verse 4, which states the following, “Love is patient, love is kind, love does not brag and is not arrogant, love does not rejoice in unrighteousness but rejoices in truth.” To me love conquers all because even though a person may have to wait what may seem like a lifetime to be with their love, in the end that wait will be worth all that time a part. Love is worth all the sacrifice, all the previous pain of past love loss, and all doubt and uncertainty that accompanies life. Love does not focus on falacies, but it is preoccupied with all that is wholesome and virtuous. Love does not judge, degrade, or deprecate. However, it uplifts, rejuvenates, and revives. Finding love and believing in love is at the foundation of my life, is it your yours?