James - Greenville, North Carolina
Themes: birth

This I Belive, GOD is the giver of life and we have no right to take it. Throughout our lives we are going to make a lot of choices. Some choices are going to be good and some bad. Life is all about making choices. The power of choice (having to choose) can bring happiness, joy, sadness, anger, depression, and emotional distress. There are many factors that drive the choices we make. When we were kids our parents made our choices. Our parents made choices for us because as kids we could not make logical or reasonable choices for ourselves. Still, as adult and parents, we make some bad choices. There is one choice that I would like to talk about and it is the choice of having an abortion. This a a major choice that is facing our great nation today. I can remeber when I had to make that choice. The doctor told us that there was a great chance that our child was going to be born with leukemia and other complications. He gave us a choice and asked if we wanted to go ahead with the pregnancy. My wife was still well within her first-trimester so the idea of an abortion was still an option. The doctor gave us some time to think about the situation and what we may be facing. We were at a point financially where we did not know how we were going to get our next meal. The thought of having another baby, and one with medical complication was too much to handle. We asked ourselve should we bring this child into this world where life is already hard? I told her that I didn’t think I could deal with the guilt of going through with an abortion. We went back to the hospital for her check-up and told the doctor the we were going to keep the child. My son is now 7 years old. He was born leukemia free, and with no major medical problems. He is one of the smartest kids in his class. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t look in his face and think about the choice I almost made of not bringing him into the world. I understand that everyone situation is not the same, but one life saved is another life lived. Think about if your unborn could talk. What do you think they would say when you find yourself having to make that choice?

If the unborn child could talk this is what I think they woud say.

My unborn life is the most precious gift in the world

You wait for me over time wondering, if I am a boy or girl

To most people I am a blessing and to other I am a curse

My new life makes some happy and some wish it could be put in reverse

Why make a decision of not giving my life a chance

Momma said, “it might be a good idea due to her circumstance”

Grandma, said “I am a miracle and my life wasn’t meant for us to delete”

Please give me a chance to grow and I will make your life complete

Momma hear my and when you feel my life has you worn

Remember God gave me to you and he will bless this life that’s unborn

All I am asking for is a chance and who knows what goals I can achieve

Don’t make that choice to abort me This I truly Believe