James - Portland, Oregon
Themes: morality

I believe in being a virgin until marriage because it makes your marriage stronger.

I have always heard from my whole family that it is key to be “one and only’s with your wife”. Meaning that it’s important to be a virgin until you get married to the one you love. My Aunt has talked to me about being a virgin until marriage and she made some good points. She said that it makes your marriage stronger because it gives you a special connection other than love. If you can’t look the person in the eye and say “I love you” then you are not ready to have sex with that person. She said that there will always be lust but you must overcome that lust and wait for love. If you wait until you are married then it will make your wife feel that much more special. The points she made were points that will stick with me for a long time and are points that I will pass on to my children.

I have pondered those words of wisdom from my Aunt. I came to the conclusion that I would rather have that special connection with my wife than having slept with other women. I feel that if I can create that connection in my marriage it will strengthen the marriage. That connection means a lot to me. It means a nice loving home for my children, a great relationship between my wife and I, and a special connection that only my wife and I share.

I feel that if you have that connection you are less likely to get a divorce later in life. I say this because every parent in my family that has talked to me had said that they are “one and only’s” and I see that they are happy and provide a loving enviroment for their kids. I want this in my life because I do not want my kid to live in a torn household. My parents, like all parents, have arguments and disagreements but they find a way around them. They find a way around them because they mean so much to each other and share that special connection.

I believe in being a virgin until marriage because it makes your marriage stronger. I believe this because I feel that it is important for your kid to grow up in a loving household that is not torn apart. Also I want to have that special connection between my wife and I. It means a happier life for my family. Those things are very important to me in life and if that means waiting to have sex until I am married then so be it. It is worth the wait.