Love

Yakira - louisburg, North Carolina
Themes: love

I believe in love. The kind of love that you share with your boyfriend or girlfriend, to the point where you just want to be with them forever and never let go, the kind of love where you’ll do anything for that person. And when you have disagreements, you can’t stay mad at them because you care just that much about them. Even though they do you wrong sometimes, you always let them know that no matter what they do, you’ll always take them back. Regardless of the situation, you have to stay strong because deep down you’re not ready to go on to the next person. And sure you’re going to fuss and fight, but you let them know that you don’t want to loose the relationship because if you do you’ll probably loose them too.

A few years ago, when I was in sixth grade, I met this boy. We started getting to know each other, and we ended up becoming a couple. The only problem with the relationship was that we went to two different schools in two different counties. All was well, we dated for about three months, then we broke up because I was being naïve and listening to what everyone was saying about him. I was told that he was always flirting with other girls that went to his school and just the idea of what he might have done made me upset. So, I ended it with him. Personally I was miserable, I really had feelings for this boy, and he was an actually pretty decent guy. But once we broke up we stopped communicating all together. We didn’t even look the other one’s way.

Well when I got to seventh grade, we started dating again. This time it lasted for a little over six months, then once again we broke up. It was over a little mishap at a football game. He got made at me because two boys gave me hugs. Even though I tried to explain to him that the two boys that gave me hugs were actually my cousins, but apparently he had jealousy issues, and broke up with me. Even though we had broken up, we still “talked” a little, but as nothing more that friends.

We remained like that until my freshman year in high school. We were still “talking”, but as a little more than friends. But in the midst of it all, he just broke my heart. And honestly, I don’t think he knew it because I never told him how I felt. I just kept it to myself. I thought that no matter what happened I would always take him back because I loved him that much. But when he broke my heart, that was “all she wrote”. It’s hard to mend a broken heart. After that day, I didn’t think I could ever trust another man. I was so scared I was going to get hurt again.

But in the end, I was glad that I kept it all to myself because now we have one of the best relationships ever. I will always have feelings for him. And we both know that we will always have a place in each other’s heart. That’s the kind of love we share.