Mason - Spring hope, North Carolina

I believe in Video Games. Video Games are a great way to release stress from a hard day at school or work. There are different types of video games that everyone can enjoy from the fast-paced Shoot ‘em up games to the futuristic role playing games. Most people from young to old love video games weather it be on ancient system like Attari to the new state of the art Play station 3. I personally like to play “first person shooter” games where I am able to grab at least two guns, a few grenades and watch everyone or everything inside the game go up in flames or fall to the ground looking like Swiss cheese. Though there are less violent games for younger kids like ATV: off-road challenge. And for old timers who don’t like the new generation of gaming the Attari has Galaga or Ms. Pacman, two of the longest running arcade games in the history of mankind.

The video games of today allow our military troops to simulate an actual battle using an simulation or enemy troops firing at him and he is timed to try and take out the enemies without being harmed physically or mentally. These games not only work without military but with our space programs like NASA they also allow our scientist to looked at the DNA in human blood, animal blood or whatever kind of blood. The simulated games also help train police or other armed forces to do their duty to this country without being harmed during that. On the topic of simulations the also can simulate what a building should look like before they can even construct its framework.

Today’s technology which is incorporated into simulated games or shooter games is also used to help artists, working with the police draw a face of either a victim or a missing person. But it can also be used to see what a baby will look like when he is the age of 18 or maybe even the age of 25.

Some Video games like the Devil May Cry series use names from all kinds of mythology for their characters like the main character , Dante or his twin Virgil both real person at some time in our history. Though some people do not like shooters nor fantasy games buts sport games like NFL Madden 09 or any other sports games. Though video games are not real to us they can release us from everyday stress or to others it’s a “conduit for the soul” and allows us to just relax and smile as we play our favorite system weather it be the Xbox 360 or maybe a Nintendo Wii or whatever you prefer to play just sit down turn on your game system and have fun while playing the game.