You Don’t Always See Love in First Impressions

Brittney - Altoona, Iowa
Themes: love

I believe in never judging people by first impressions. When we look at people, we can never see who they really are or how they act. Everyone acts differently around people they don’t know. I am a more open person when I am around my friends than when I am around people I don’t know First impressions aren’t everything. I believe in getting to know the person may show that you love them.

It was the end of second semester my sophomore year was when I first laid eyes on Josh. I never for a second thought that I would fall in love with him. Josh hung around guys that were like Pokémon nerds. I thought that since Josh hung around them that he was one of them

Josh was cute, but I really didn’t want to date a Pokémon nerd. Even if he was a Pokémon nerd I didn’t mind being friends with him. We started talking and hanging out everyday. He was the sweetest guy I had ever met. He took me to school every day, and he would do anything for me. I knew it was kind of shallow to not date someone that played Pokémon.

We got to know each other very well because we hung out everyday for a few months. I found out that he hated Pokémon. He thought it was stupid he just sat with those people at lunch. After I got to know him I knew that even if he was a Pokémon nerd, I still wanted to spend the rest of my life with him because I had grown to love him.

We started dating June 6, 2007. We have been together for fifteen months and we are doing great. We both plan on going to Grandview College in the fall and then moving in together and starting our life. If I would have just thought he was a Pokémon nerd and never talked to him, I would have never realized that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. So, never judge people by first impressions.