No Good Without the Bad

Cara - Altoona, Iowa
Themes: purpose

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Even the bad things that occur in everyone’s lives occur for a reason. Some may not be able to see the reasons why; some may ask what they did to deserve such punishment, but I believe it all happens for a reason.

No life can be perfect. Life cannot be completely wonderful all of the time. There is no such thing as someone having only great things happening to them, and nothing making life harder. If life was perfect all of the time, there would be nothing to compare it to. If there was only good, there would no longer be bad. Without the bad things, there is no such thing as good things. Everything would be neutral. There would be nothing to look forward to, but at the same time, nothing to dread. Without the horrible things that may happen to us in life, life would be pointless.

People learn to appreciate the good things after experiencing the bad things. It often makes the person grow stronger. Without growth in life, what is the point? People need to grow and mature and learn. People learn from their mistakes, but without mistakes and wrong things happening in life, there would be no learning. Mistakes can teach us right from wrong. Sometimes people will not always listen to what they should have learned, but other times people can get a lot out of the mistakes they have made in the past.

Sometimes people can be right, they do not deserve whatever it is that life has thrown at them. But in the end, it all happens for a reason. It improves that person’s life in one way or another. We may all not deserve something that has happened, but it was in the best interest of the person. I cannot explain why the things that happen to us do, but I believe that they are suppose to and that is just the way everything works.

I believe that no one should take anything for granted. People should appreciate everything that life throws at them, especially in high school. Through my experiences during high school, I have found that students and peers can change drastically and fast. Throughout my high school career, my friends have changed a lot. I have lost friends just as often as I have gained friends. There have been new cliques, new interests, and new hobbies.

Throughout the years I have changed a lot, and so have most of the people around me. But I still miss the friends I used to have, the times we spent together, and the memories I will always have of everyone.