Communication is the Key

Brittany - greengille, North Carolina

I believe the most important thing in relationships is communication. To be able to communicate is a gift that not everyone has. I love talking about my feelings and my beliefs and that helps people know who I am. In any kind of relationship, to be able to communicate with each other is very important. Like my boyfriend and I, we have great communication within our relationship. I tell him when I am upset or when I am down and he consoles me and makes me feel better. If I hadn’t told him, then he wouldn’t have known and I would have been even more upset. I also talk to him about my goals and dreams and that lets him know who I want to be and where I want to go in life. Communication not only brings you closer to someone else, but it helps to ease your mind about all the things that are bothering you. Now understand that when I say communication, I mean good, rational communication. When I talk to my mom or to someone that I am confronting, I state my feelings and I am open to their feelings. Being irrational makes communicating pointless. To be considerate of others feelings and to actually listen to the other person you are talking with is very important. I try to view their side so I can come up with a solution to make things better. I’ve always been the middle-man when it comes to confrontation. I’m the one mediating between parties as they are at each others’ throats. And to see people not being able to communicate breaks my heart because it is so easy! I am the shyest person in the world and I am scared to talk to people, but I know that communication is important to maintain any kind of relationship; whether it’s an intimate relationship or a relationship with your family and friends.