A Cure

Delores - Du Bois, Pennsylvania

Everyday I think about what will happen, if I will live another day. I believe in a lot of things. No one understands why or what I believe in because I keep everything to myself. Believing is when you think of something and you try to figure out what it actually is. That is what believing means to me. Everyone probably knows someone who has cancer, who has died from cancer, or they are getting it themselves. I don’t have cancer, but I know someone who has had cancer and someone who died from cancer. Here is a story of an everyday person I know that might have had cancer.

Cancer is hard to deal with, so here is a story. My dad has been smoking for about 23 years. He has tried quitting so many times, but he can’t. About 2 years about my dad got bronchitis. He was sick and coughing really bad. His doctor gave him some medication and wanted to get him a CATSCAN. Well, he was given a CATSCAN on his lungs. His doctor got the results and examined them for any type of spots. The doctor found a spot. They called my dad, and the doctor told him they wanted to look in his throat with a scope of some sort. Before they looked at his lungs with the scope they monitored his lungs to see if the spots kept growing. Well, they did. My mom told me that the one spot had covered his whole left lung. The doctor set up the date to look at his lungs with the scope. When they looked at his lungs they had found that the spot had disappeared. Well, the doctor stuck my dad on two medications to be safe if the spots would ever come back. I found that to be a miracle for what ever was on his lung just went away.

You my think my story might have been indifferent, but why don’t we check out my belief. My belief is, there is more than just finding a cure for cancer. I believe this because of what happened with my dad, it scared me half to death because I was afraid I was going to lose my only father. If some how someone could suddenly find the right cure for cancer, then I would be more than happy to say that I support what he or she is doing. It seems to be a bit scary going on day by day knowing you have cancer and knowing that it can be pasted threw your family.