I believe in The Simple Things in Life

Mackenzie - Clayton, North Carolina

I believe it’s the simple things in life that truly make every moment a gift that is truly amazing. I believe that by looking at reality and the truly simple moments makes your appreciation and understanding of the world grow. I believe that by appreciating the great parts of the world for what they are is truly amazing.

As a child, I remember my first trip to the mountains with my family. The trip was a family trip to Colorado to go skiing. The mountains were beautiful and truly amazing to me, I had never been so excited about anything. During the trip I spent time with my family doing little things like cooking dinner, watching a movie, helping each other out with tasks, and just enjoying the company of loved ones. The thoughts of the peaceful mountains and simply just enjoying every moment of what life had given me made me feel wonderful. I felt like every bad moment or worry in my life was no longer important. The world is so beautiful but taken granted everyday and the simple things. Even now that I have been here for twenty-one years it’s the simple things that make my life so wonderful. The moments I remember the most are the ones most people wouldn’t. The times I have spent doing the simplest things like putting a tent up in a living room, going to the river, and just enjoying what life has given me means the most to me. My trip to the mountains made me appreciate nature and the little moments more so then ever and I was only ten at the time.

In all reality I am so busy with school and trying to make a future for myself but as I look back on what I cherish the most out of my years thus far it’s the little things. The moments where I just truly enjoy the beauty of this world puts everything in perspective in the fuzziness of life. Most people would enjoy an expensive trip to the big city but for me I would enjoy a trip to beach, mountains, or even going for a walk in the woods. In this materialistic world that makes things chaotic it’s the simple sunsets that make my life wonderful each day. The combination of my family, great friends, and significant others with a beautiful world makes my life bitter sweet each day.

These simple things in life that I believe are gifts in this crazy life when things get fuzzy. When I get tied up in the fuzziness of adulthood it’s these things that keep me grounded and make me see the true beauty in everything! By seeing the beauty of each day and appreciating each moment it helps me come to terms with what is ahead of me in the real world.