What’s Your Sign?

Amber - Altoona, Iowa

What’s Your Sign?

“If you were the new burger at McDonalds, you would be the McGorgeous.” Some ladies might think this is a corny, stupid, or maybe even offensive pick-up line. I would probably think so too if some random guy said it to me, but secretly, they make me weak in the knees.

I believe in cheesy pick-lines. Though most women would say that they are degrading, completely dumb, and never work, I think that secretly every girl loves them. Cheesy pick-up lines are like little pick-me-ups. Before feeling like all a guy wants to do is take you home, there is a moment when you feel great about yourself and think, “Yes! I am hot.”

Besides that, they make great stories. Some of the funniest stories I’ve ever heard are pick-up line stories. I can remember in the eighth grade a boy I was “dating” (which in the eighth grade consists of holding hands and occasionally going to the movies) said pick-up lines to me all the time through emails. One day when my friends were over, they saw them and started laughing. They told me he was such a loser and that they were lame. I pretended like I thought so too, so that they didn’t think I was a loser and that I was lame. None of them knew it, but I printed off every one of those emails and saved them. My eighth grade love won my eager heart with, “Did it hurt when you feel from heaven?” I will never forget the way those so-called “cheesy” pick-lines made me feel. Everyday I would rush home to get on the internet just to check the screen for those romantic one-liners. I would have to say that they are what make me believe in cheesy pick-up lines.

I think women try too hard to get men to come to them. When they finally do, most women laugh in their face or slap them when all their trying to do is compliment you. We are always complaining that they never make a move, and right when they get up the courage to do it… SMACK! We are just too picky. I’m sure most girls don’t even understand how hard it is for guys to come up and talk to us. Let alone, say they are just saying something to try and catch our attention or maybe even land a second date.

So when I am old enough to go out for a night on the town, I will appreciate every time some random guy has the courage to come up to me with something like, “Don’t worry about my missing teeth babe, just more room for your tongue,” I will just smile and say, “No thank you,” politely. I mean, after all, at least in the back of my head I’ll be thinking, “Yes! I am hot.”