Music in Every Day Life

Meghan - Northport, New York

Someone once said, “Music is what feelings sound like” ( Author Unknown. I couldn’t agree more. I believe that music is a big part in everyone’s lives. Every song has its own feeling and is there to help you with yours. It is there to help you when you are lonely or sad. It is there to help you to relax. It is there to help you study. It is there to be your companion.

Do you listen to music when you study? Do you listen to loud rock music or soft classical music? Certain types of music can help you better learn material while you study. The best kind of music to listen to is calm, soothing, acoustic music. You cannot play a favorite song or a song that you will sing. This kind of music will distract you. You should keep it low and it should just be a quiet background sound. Having this in the background blocks out all other little sounds that might distract you, like someone tapping there foot or walking down the hall. It also keeps you awake while you are studying and prevents you from getting bored. It helps you stay focused.

Can you think of a better way to relax then by putting on your favorite song? It is a great way to drift off. It can get you away from stress and other life difficulties. It gives you time to yourself and allows you to cool down and relax. What if you are really angry? A great way to let it out is to blast a really loud song and let your anger out. You can feel your anger through the music. It can help you to relax and release your emotions. Or, what if you are excited about something? An upbeat, lively song is the way to go. It keeps your mood up and shares your excitement with you.

Music can be your companion when you are upset or lonely. It is like a friend that is always there for you. Whenever you feel sad, there is always a song that you can relate to. This sense of bonding and acceptance allows you to feel apart of a universal emotion. It will give you a sense of hope. I believe music is the best companion you will ever have. It will always be there for you, stay with you as long as you want, and you can talk, cry or shout with it. Listening to music allows you to think and sort out your thoughts. It is also a way for you to reduce your anxiety and release your stress. This is a soft, soothing process for healing.

You probably never realized how much music is a part of your life. It helps you in more ways then you realize. It helps you to relax, concentrate, focus, reduce stress, helps you with your own feelings and it is always a good companion. Music is what feelings sound like.