Magic of Disney

Melissa - Dubuque, Iowa

I believe in Disney. I’m sure you’re thinking that obviously Disney exists; they are after all a huge corporation found all over the world. However, I believe in the magic that Disney creates. Sure, there’s no physical way an elephant could ever fly, or a couple could go on a magic carpet ride, but I still believe in the power of happy thoughts. Now those happy thoughts might not make me fly, but then again, I don’t have any pixie dust handy.

I grew up on the classic Disney animated movies (Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast to name a few). The joy I experienced while watching those films and singing along I still carry with me. I’m a very optimistic person and find joy in a lot of simple things. One problem I’ve discovered, however, is not everyone shares the same view I have. It’s very hard to remain optimistic in such a cynical world. I don’t know if any of you have ever seen the movie Enchanted, but many, many times I was told that the movie starred me! I have never actually called small, fluffy animals to help me clean, however I’m sure if tried something magical would happen.

I believe that true love does exist, and although many people claim that Disney movies generate unattainable expectations in men, I still have faith. I know that someday when I lose my shoe, I will find a man who will hold up my size 7 ½ slipper and find a perfect fit on my foot. I know that when I’m not be able to speak the words, he’ll know what I want without needing anything as contrite as a vocabulary. And although I may be asleep, if he wakes me with a kiss, I’ll gladly ride off into the sunset on his white horse, or red truck, whichever he will be riding in at the time.

Disney’s mission statement is “To make people happy.” I know that if all else fails, they have succeeded in making me happy, and I’ll try my hardest to spread the happiness they have given to me to other people as well.