The Absent Father Syndrome

Nedra - Greenville, North Carolina

Absent Father Syndrome

I believe that there is a growing epidemic of the absent father syndrome. I believe that men should be men and that they should stand up and take responsibility for their actions. There are a lot of children that are paying for the mistakes of their parents. The children are the ones that lose. Is it their fault for being born? I feel as though that a lot of the problems that we as Americans face as far as crime, sexually transmitted diseases, and teen pregnancy have a lot to do with absent father syndrome. If there were more men around to show young boys how to be successful men then maybe so many of them wouldn’t be in the prison system or dead. If more of these daddies would be fathers then maybe these young men would know how to pick a woman and then how to treat a woman when he gets her. If some of these men were around to show their daughters how a man is suppose to love and cherish them and treat them then maybe we wouldn’t have all these young girls out here looking for love in all the wrong places, and if these men would show their daughters what a man really wants in a woman then maybe we wouldn’t have women running around feeling like the more skin they show the better. Then maybe more women today would have more self worth and know that it’s what’s in your head and not what’s in your underwear that counts.

I also believe that the absent father syndrome is a twofold problem. I also believe that these young girls that have babies need to grow up and learn that children are not your bargaining chips. Understand that if you have a man that wants to be there for your child, you should let him and not push him away. Many women think that now that I have a child with this man that I now have some sort of control over him and his life and that he has to be with me or pay me this amount or do this and that for me or you can’t see the baby. This is just not right there are lots of women that wish they had baby fathers that would help out any way and then you have these girls that just use their children as pawn in their game to trap, trick or manipulate the man of chose. In the end the only people that are harmed and disservice are the children that never asked to be here. Can people realize that these precious children just want love and to be taken care of is this too much to ask of their parents? In some cases it is.