Throwbacks

Josh - shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Themes: work

This – This is what I believe.

We are all just “throw backs” to society. There are only a few ways to become more than you are, being born into it, having connections, or miracles. So think about that, three ways to have power, to be recognized. But you say, “Hard work, hard work gets you to the top.” Does it really? Does hard work in it of itself get you to be recognized in society, recognized as more than just a worker of the world? No it does not, it does not. Hard work plus connections equals power. So many famous, powerful, recognized people in the world have become that way through, yes, hard work, but also, if you delve deeper into their stories, connections, it’s all about knowing the right people, being in the right place, kissing the right hands. So there is where the fourth and final aspect of receiving respect comes in, luck. Luck is a vague word. It is superstitious, it is intangible. It is even possible for you to say, “Luck? Luck doesn’t exist.” But I am confident it does exist, and if not, there has to be a God that is allotting others to see successful paths easier than the rest of us.

As far as heritage, I totally and utterly accept that as a perfectly suitable way to become recognized. As far as I am concerned someone who does not want to be noticed to be respected, and yet is born into it, can just leave that life, slide down the edge of the society pyramid, land at the bottom and be content. For that reason, heritage is something I personally respect, you cannot blame a person for being born into a rich or snotty family, you can only blame society for creating such an upper class. Although, I do condone those that are rich and do not spread their wealth, do not let it trickle down as it should, do not allow the equilibrium of money, yet unbalance it as much as they can.

Miracles are a funny little bit of unexplainable piece of evidence of the existence of a more powerful being than we can even imagine. Atheists like to dismiss miracles as scientific or not even existent at all, an atheist might even say “Jesus walked on water? Bull, didn’t happen.” But I tell you, miracles are a piece of great work; they take a great deal of energy from a being intangible, impossible to envision, and if this being is trying so hard to create such happenings, why denounce it as impossible? Medical miracles are something I adore, but miracles of those becoming respected sicken me. Where a man is miraculously pushed through the cracks of society, somehow, someway, I just find sickening, how should a man that does not work for something able to become powerful and recognized, it is just not moral or just for us as a society to allow this.

So where do we go from here. You think, “Your thoughts are communistic, Marxist.” And to be honest, they may as well be. As I see it, every human should have equal chance; we should all have the same chance to become recognized. How that is possible, I do not know, for I do indeed recognize that all humans are different, that there are those smarter and cleverer than others. I just thought it would be nice to get these ideas out there, get those clever people thinking, get knowledge known, see if there are any others who agree with the lowly thoughts of a teenage writer upset about the world and where it is going. Do I believe a proletariat should rise up and strike? To a point; I would not like to see bloodshed, I just want a revolution, where connections are not a treasure chest of opportunity, but looked down upon, as ways for thieves to advance. I wish to see a world where hard work is prized and sweet talk as blasphemy.