Yearning to FART!!!

Sarah - Fremont, Ohio

I yearn to fart the way a person that is blind yearns to see. I truly appreciate the human race’s ability to “pass gas.” I even perform a standing ovation when my peers do it. The reasoning behind my excitement over this bodily function is that I simply cannot perform this most (according to the majority of people I come in contact with) undisirable and sometimes awkward feat.

When I was 14 years old I was diagnosed with a disease called Ulcerative Colitis. Since my diagnosis I have had three surgeries in total to completely remove my colon and because of these surgeries I have lost my ability to “fluff” (as my mother so delicately calls it). Everyone I know thinks that I am extremely odd for appreciating this “fact of life” but honestly anything that you can no longer do or you no longer have you truly miss whether it is a fart or your favorite chair. Everyone needs to appreciate and notice the small things in life that they can do because some people might not be able to. Can you fart?